Our history demonstrates our commitment to and knowledge of LEED.
Leonardo Academy has conducted LEED assessments on over 30 million square feet of building space, consulted on LEED implementation and certification on over 21 million square feet of building space, and conducted more than 500 certification reviews for the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
» Leonardo Academy’s LEED® Consulting Brochure (PDF)
Leonardo Academy has been deeply involved in the development of LEED since we joined the USGBC in 1999. We were particularly involved in the development of the USGBC’s LEED for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB) Rating System, which provides a framework for auditing and improving the sustainable performance of existing buildings.
Leonardo Academy acted as a consultant to the USGBC in the following capacities:
- Managed the LEED-EB Rating System pilot program
- Acted as primary author of the LEED-EB v2.0 Reference Guide and Training Course
- Wrote the LEED-EB v2.0 Volume Certification Guidelines for the USGBC Pilot Program
- Performed all LEED-EB Volume certification application reviews to date
- Conducts LEED-EB certification application reviews (2002-present)
Our core team members are LEED Accredited Professionals with an Operations and Maintenance (O+M) specialty. As a result, we know the LEED-EB program inside and out and can recommend the best LEED-EB implementation strategy for your building.
The USGBC’s name for the LEED-EB rating system has evolved; regardless of the name changes, all versions have addressed sustainable operations in existing buildings.
- LEED for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB) (the original name)
- LEED-EB version 2.0
- LEED-EB: Operations and Maintenance (O&M) 2008
- LEED-EB: O&M 2009 (the most current version)
For additional information please contact us at:Tel: 608-280-0255