- Fitmark: Combining Doing Business with Doing Good
- Laura Asiala, PYXERA Global to Speak at the United Nations Foundation’ Global Issues Engagement Council
- Rutgers Offering CSR Certificate Program (Corporate Social Responsibility) This Spring
- Meet the Amgen Volunteer: Jeff Reagan’s Experience with Khan Academy
- Citi Supports Teach Children to Save Campaign to Boost Financial Resilience for the Next Generation
- David L. Cohen: Comcast Cares Day is 'Best Day of the Year'
- Cuppa Joe? Many of Us Love Our Morning Coffee ("The Joe"), but We Should Think More About Growers at the Source...
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
|Leonardo Academy and GAIN Clean Fuel Secure $1.2 Million Grant to Support Building CNG Stations in Pennsylvania|
(Madison, June 9, 2015) - Leonardo Academy announced this week that the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development ACE Program has awarded two grants that Leonardo Academy submitted on behalf of GAIN Clean Fuel. The grant awards which total approximately $1.2 million, will support GAIN Clean Fuel ‘s construction of compressed natural gas (CNG) fueling stations in Fairless Hills, PA and Fredericksburg, PA. Both stations will be open to the public and are located near major Interstate highways.
Key partners in these grant proposals are the anchor customers for the two sites: Silvi Concrete is partnering with GAIN to build the CNG station in Fairless Hills and W.C. McQuaide, Inc. is partnering with GAIN to add CNG dispensers at a Pacific Pride station in Fredericksburg.
Leonardo Academy is working with GAIN Clean Fuel, a brand of U.S. Oil, to procure funding in multiple states in order to promote the use of CNG nationwide. The use of CNG, a much cleaner-burning fuel than conventional gasoline or diesel fuel, greatly reduces the output of particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, and carbon dioxide (the most prevalent greenhouse gas) from vehicular use. Converting America’s diesel trucking fleet is a critical component of reducing these emissions due to the number of diesel-fueled trucks on America’s highways. Before fleets will convert to using CNG, however, stations—such as those being built in Pennsylvania—must be available to meet fleets’ refueling needs as they transport goods across the country.
Leonardo Academy’s president Michael Arny stated, “Leonardo Academy is proud to assist GAIN Clean Fuel in its efforts to make CNG readily available and thus to improve our air quality and slow global warming. Securing grant funding for clean fueling stations is a key part of our efforts to achieve the sustainable transportation of people and goods throughout the country.”
Arny also stated, “Leonardo Academy congratulates all the organizations that are making these two new stations possible: GAIN Clean Fuel, Silvi Concrete, and W.C. McQuaide, Inc., as well as the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development ACE Grant Program.”
About Silvi Concrete
For more information about Silvi Concrete, visit www.silvi.com.
About W.C. McQuaide Inc.
For more information on W.C. McQuaide Inc., visit www.mcquaide.com.
About Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development ACE Grant Program
For more information on the ACE Grant program, visit http://www.newpa.com/find-and-apply-for-funding/funding-and-program-finder/alternative-and-clean-energy-program-ace.