- DIY Science at Home: Instant Art w/ Cabbage and Lemon Juice
- Atlas Copco Rental: Safety Means A Lot to Us
- Outstanding Safety Record at Atlas Copco Chile
- Diageo North America Employees Revitalize STAR Center in Norwalk to Benefit Neighbors with Disabilities
- Four Questions with PepsiCo’s Indra Nooyi and Target’s Brian Cornell on Advancing Women in Leadership
- #GoingToBat Community Spotlight: Nelson Cruz
- Pizza Hut Harvest: Fighting Food Waste, Hunger and Greenhouse Emissions, One Slice of Pizza at a Time
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
|LEED-EB Gold Certification is awarded to 901 New York Avenue|
Washington, DC, January 24, 2013 – The 901 New York Avenue office building located at 901 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, has earned LEED-EB Gold Certification. Developed and managed by Boston Properties, 901 New York Avenue opened in 2005. It is jointly owned by Boston Properties and an institutional client advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
This certification recognizes that 901 New York Avenue has implemented continuous sustainability improvement measures guided by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED-EB: O&M) v2009, a rating system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council. Leonardo Academy was the LEED consultant supporting the successful achievement of Gold Certification.
Jeff Garner, Director of Engineering for Boston Properties, Washington, DC Region, said, “We are very proud to achieve LEED EB O&M Gold Certification for 901 New York Avenue. This initial certification was an especially rewarding process for the entire 901 New York Avenue property management team that ultimately made this effort a reality. Although we enjoyed a good start from our favorable sustainable site base and existing efficiency/conservation programs, actually obtaining certification required a tremendous amount of research, investigation, implementation, improvements and documentation, not to mention the commitment and support from our tenants. We are extremely pleased of what was accomplished and look forward to the continued privilege of operating the building as a LEED Gold facility.”
About Boston Properties
For more information visit the company’s web site at http://www.bostonproperties.com.
About J.P. Morgan Asset Management – Global Real Assets
About Leonardo Academy
Leonardo Academy has provided LEED for Existing Building certification consulting services for over 25 million square feet of property worldwide. For More Information about Leonardo Academy visit http://www.leonardoacademy.org/.