- Show Your Lion Pride on World Lion Day
- Eastman Partners with Community College in Martinsville, Virginia for Manufacturing Certification
- U.S. Utilities Ranked on Clean Energy: Report by Ceres and Clean Edge- The Minute
- Texas Leads Nation in Wind Power For Reasons Both Natural and Manmade
- Meet David: Doing Good is Just a Way of Life for This Photographer
- Gold Sponsoring the Smiles, Spirit and Medals at the 2014 Special Olympics Canada Summer Games
- The Hershey Company to Host 37th Annual Hershey's Track & Field Games' North American Final
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
» Overview:The Sustainability Experts®
|LEED-EB Gold Certification is awarded to 901 New York Avenue|
Washington, DC, January 24, 2013 – The 901 New York Avenue office building located at 901 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, has earned LEED-EB Gold Certification. Developed and managed by Boston Properties, 901 New York Avenue opened in 2005. It is jointly owned by Boston Properties and an institutional client advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
This certification recognizes that 901 New York Avenue has implemented continuous sustainability improvement measures guided by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED-EB: O&M) v2009, a rating system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council. Leonardo Academy was the LEED consultant supporting the successful achievement of Gold Certification.
Jeff Garner, Director of Engineering for Boston Properties, Washington, DC Region, said, “We are very proud to achieve LEED EB O&M Gold Certification for 901 New York Avenue. This initial certification was an especially rewarding process for the entire 901 New York Avenue property management team that ultimately made this effort a reality. Although we enjoyed a good start from our favorable sustainable site base and existing efficiency/conservation programs, actually obtaining certification required a tremendous amount of research, investigation, implementation, improvements and documentation, not to mention the commitment and support from our tenants. We are extremely pleased of what was accomplished and look forward to the continued privilege of operating the building as a LEED Gold facility.”
About Boston Properties
For more information visit the company’s web site at http://www.bostonproperties.com.
About J.P. Morgan Asset Management – Global Real Assets
About Leonardo Academy
Leonardo Academy has provided LEED for Existing Building certification consulting services for over 25 million square feet of property worldwide. For More Information about Leonardo Academy visit http://www.leonardoacademy.org/.