- Moving Forward: CSX and City Year Celebrate More than 20 Years as Partners
- Subaru of America Continues Its Commitment to City of Camden Through Donation of More Than 1,700 Award-Winning Science Textbooks to Community Schools
- Helping Our Communities Prepare, Recover and Flourish from Disaster
- Nestlé Waters North America Partners with Imagine H2O® to Support Water Innovation
- VM Summit 16 Ticket Prices Go Up This Saturday!
- Bacardi USA Receives U.S. EPA 2016 Smartway® Excellence Award
- The Point of Impact: Where Corporate Philanthropy and Social Impact Collide
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
|LEED-EB Gold Certification is awarded to Metropolitan Square|
Washington, DC, January 24, 2013 – The Metropolitan Square office building located at 655 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC, has earned LEED-EB Gold Certification. Metropolitan Square Phase One was built in 1982 followed by Phase Two in 1985 and is managed by Boston Properties. It is jointly owned by Boston Properties and an institutional client advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
This certification recognizes that Metropolitan Square has implemented continuous sustainability improvement measures guided by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance (LEED-EB: O&M) v2009, a rating system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council. Leonardo Academy was the LEED consultant supporting the successful achievement of Gold Certification.
Jeff Garner, Director of Engineering for Boston Properties, Washington, DC Region, said, “We are very proud to achieve LEED EB O&M Gold Certification for Metropolitan Square. This initial certification was an especially rewarding process for the entire Metropolitan Square property management team that ultimately made this effort a reality. Although we enjoyed a good start from our favorable sustainable site base and existing efficiency/conservation programs, actually obtaining certification required a tremendous amount of research, investigation, implementation, improvements and documentation, not to mention the commitment and support from our tenants. We are extremely pleased of what was accomplished and look forward to the continued privilege of operating the building as a LEED Gold facility.”
About Boston Properties
About J.P. Morgan Asset Management – Global Real Assets
About Leonardo Academy
Leonardo Academy has provided LEED for Existing Building certification consulting services for over 25 million square feet of property worldwide. For more information about Leonardo Academy visit http://www.leonardoacademy.org/.