- Preparing Seniors for El Niño
- #GoingToBat Community Spotlight: Justin Turner
- Modern Day Slavery: Is Your Company Doing Enough?
- The Politics of Imagery 2016
- 4 Ways to Share Your Brand’s Philanthropic Story
- Timberland Hosts Third Round of Presidential Town Halls for Employees
- Symantec in Full Support of the White House’s Computer Science for All Initiative
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
|LEED-EB Platinum Certification is Awarded to 1800 Massachusetts Avenue NW|
Washington, DC, December 10, 2012 - Service Employees International Union headquarters (SEIU), located at 1800 Massachusetts Avenue, NW in Washington, DC, has earned Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB) Platinum Certification.In 2007, the building was awarded LEED for New Construction (NC) v2.1 Gold Certification. The 1800 Massachusetts Avenue building was developed in 1979 with a major renovation in 2006 and is currently managed by Akridge. Leonardo Academy was the LEED consultant supporting the successful achievement of Platinum Certification.
The project team had a goal of LEED-EB Gold Certification and operated within a Gold budget. As the project progressed through the application process, it was apparent based on the building's performance that LEED-EB Platinum Certification was achievable. LEED-EB Platinum Certification is a prestigious rating given to existing buildings for maximizing operational efficiency and minimizing environmental impacts. The 1800 Massachusetts Avenue, NW LEED project team, in conjunction with ownership and building tenants, implemented many improvements to achieve Platinum Certification, including:
Todd Anderson, Property Manager at Akridge said, "No matter how sustainable a building is designed and constructed, it will only remain efficient if it is operated and maintained in a similar manner. For this reason, we are extremely proud to achieve LEED-EB Platinum Certification on behalf of SEIU. We are pleased with the accomplishment and look forward to the continued privilege of operating the building as a LEED Platinum facility."
About AkridgeAkridge is a comprehensive real estate services company that provides acquisition, development, construction management, asset management, property management, leasing, and consulting services. Founded in 1974, the company has acquired or developed more than 12 million square feet of commercial space and currently manages four million square feet throughout the DC area. The industry's foremost benchmarking firm, CEL & Associates, has ranked Akridge the number one real estate firm in the country for Client satisfaction, among firms of similar size, ten times since 1999. Akridge launched "Building Sustainability" to provide a framework for sustainable development and operations, and has been recognized as an Energy Star Top Performer and Partner of the Year. The company has also been honored with the National Capital Business Ethics Award, and has been recognized as the Best Place to Work in Greater Washington by the Washington Business journal. For more information, please visit www.akridge.com.