- CSR Adds ROI to the Bottom Line: New Study - The Minute
- Eastman Named Among Top 50 Employers by Workforce Diversity for Engineering & IT Professionals Magazine
- The True Cost of Alzheimer's Disease and Why Corporate Support is Critical
- Spongy Parking Lots and Sustainability
- Companies Seek to Make Employee Commuting More Sustainable
- On 10th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, CITGO Leads Louisiana Coastal Restoration Efforts
- Learn About Grupo Financiero Banorte’s Environmental Performance in its 2014 Annual Report
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
» Overview:The Sustainability Experts®
|Leonardo Academy Asks Connecticut DEP to Include All Building Owners in Giveaway of Emission Allowances Worth More Than $200 Million|
MADISON, WI -- (AUGUST 12, 1999) -- On August 6, 1999, Leonardo Academy’s Cleaner and Greener® Program asked the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection (CDEP) to use emission allowances to reward all building owners for emission reductions delivered by their energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. In the past, all emission allowances have been given to polluters, while building owners have been passed over.
Leonardo Academy is a nonprofit organization that works on energy and environmental issues. Leonardo Academy’s Cleaner and Greener® Program is devoted to putting the competitive market to work on cleaning up the environment. The Cleaner and Greener® web site at www.cleanerandgreener.org features a calculator that lets building owners calculate the emission reductions produced by energy-saving projects.