- Milwaukee's Veterans Day Parade — SAVED Thanks to a Generous Donation
- Bulk Electric Storage Not a Requirement For Widespread Use of Renewables
- Eastman Named Third Among America’s Best Companies to Work For by 24/7 Wall Street
- Marcone Joins Scott Patriot Program
- Public Opinion and Climate Action
- Call for Papers: 2015 AIAG Corporate Responsibility Summit
- Marcone Backs SkillsUSA at the National Leadership & Skills Conference
Cleaner + Greener
- Leonardo Academy Releases White Paper on Defining the Impacts of Forest Carbon Sequestration Offsets
- Defining Forest Sequestration Impacts: Tonne to Tonne-Year Correlations Implicit in Existing Forestry Offset Standards
- Greenbuild 2009 Conference Goes “Carbon-Neutral” with the Help of Renewable Energy and Offset Donations
- IFMA World Workplace 2009 Event Powered by Green Energy through Participation in the Cleaner and...
- GovEnergy 2009 Offsets Event Emissions through the Cleaner and Greener Program
» Overview:The Sustainability Experts®
|Leonardo Academy Asks Connecticut DEP to Include All Building Owners in Giveaway of Emission Allowances Worth More Than $200 Million|
MADISON, WI -- (AUGUST 12, 1999) -- On August 6, 1999, Leonardo Academy’s Cleaner and Greener® Program asked the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection (CDEP) to use emission allowances to reward all building owners for emission reductions delivered by their energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. In the past, all emission allowances have been given to polluters, while building owners have been passed over.
Leonardo Academy is a nonprofit organization that works on energy and environmental issues. Leonardo Academy’s Cleaner and Greener® Program is devoted to putting the competitive market to work on cleaning up the environment. The Cleaner and Greener® web site at www.cleanerandgreener.org features a calculator that lets building owners calculate the emission reductions produced by energy-saving projects.