- Bloomberg Debuts Television and Video Series “The David Rubenstein Show: Peer-to-Peer Conversations”
- Mike Bloomberg Urges CEOs to Invest In Sustainable Businesses
- Recruiter Insights: Making Bloomberg Your Next Career Move
- Museum of Science: The Gift That Keeps on Giving
- Get Inspired by RESOLUTION: Innovative Thinking about Disability, an AT&T Original Documentary
- VolunteerMatch Summit 2016 Reflections
- Catholic Church, International Police Reaffirm Efforts to Combat Human Trafficking
|Sustainable Business - Building A Sustainable Environment|
Chicago Tribune 9/30/2010 - http://tribads.chicagotribune.com/jump_pages/mediaplanet/092910/index.htm
Sustainability is on a Roll
Sustainability is on a roll and the competitive marketplace is a big driver. When we buy products or services, we are buying both the good and the bad associated with their entire life cycle. Stepping up and taking ownership of supply chain impacts, direct impacts and waste streams gives companies multiple paths for making positive sustainability improvements. There are a few key areas we will address here: greening the supply chain, sustainable green buildings, energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Greening the Supply Chain
The driver for implementing green requirements will emerge from IT innovations such as cloud computing that offer ways of harnessing data in ways that were not previously accessible. As a result, supply chain accountability will organically evolve from the old mainframe based infrastructure to an integrated green machine. Once this gets rolling, greening of supply chains will become inevitable in the cloud-connected world. Each company and organization should be asking itself: “Are we ready?” and “Are we getting ready fast enough?”
Sustainable Green Buildings
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
Despite the programs driving these changes, the principle strategy in achieving a sustainable building and realizing the goal of zero net energy remains the same. Energy conservation is the most critical component for both new and existing buildings in maximizing the investment in renewable energy and achieving a sustainable future.