- MGM National Harbor Champions Diversity and Community Commitment as a Leading New Employer in the Capital Region
- Decorating Safely for the Holidays
- Hospice: The Best Kept Secret in American Healthcare
- Children’s National: Helping Kids Grow Up Stronger
- Local Businesses Grow with Sodexo and University of Maine System
- Grit. Determination. Service. Get to Know the 2016 Wendy’s Heisman National Finalists
- Pfizer Foundation Partners with Save The Children to Support Gender Equality in Malawi
|Leonardo Academy joins the WCDC|
Leonardo Academy is a member of the Wisconsin Clean Diesel Coalition (WCDC). The WCDC is a collaborative of diesel fleets, engine manufacturers, government agencies, and other non profit and private stakeholders, that have joined efforts to voluntarily explore, develop and implement mobile diesel emission reduction strategies in Wisconsin. WCDC focuses on educational outreach and development of funding mechanisms to accelerate emission reductions from diesel fleets.
The Wisconsin Clean Diesel Coalition will support the Midwest Clean Diesel Initiative’s goal of impacting 1 million diesel engines by 2010. There are approximately 500,000 engines in Wisconsin that constitute the existing or “legacy fleet” of diesel engines, and the WCDC has set a goal to reduce emissions from at least 50,000 diesel-powered engines by 2010.
Strategies pursued under this initiative will address outreach and funding for reducing both operational and idling emissions. The following types of emission reduction options will be evaluated, encouraged and implemented where possible:
Many scientific studies have linked diesel pollution, which also contributes to greenhouse gases such as particulate matter, ozone and air toxics to a number of adverse respiratory and cardiac health effects. Reducing emissions from diesel engines is one of the most important air quality and public health challenges facing the United States. Leonardo Academy is dedicated to developing sustainability strategies for companies and organizations that engage progress in environmental and social equity achievements in driving economic success. Leonardo Academy believes that its extensive experience in helping organizations understand, quantify, manage and report their overall sustainability will help enhance the goals of the WCDC locally, as well as on a regional and national basis.