One Park Place - LEED-EB Silver
One Park Place, constructed in 1983, is a 300,000 square foot office building located in the heart of downtown Syracuse, New York. The building is owned by American Landmark Properties and managed by Anderson Barney. The Anderson Barney property management team and the building owner were motivated to highlight the already "green" components and management practices of the facility. LEED® for Existing Buildings provided a recognizable metric for showcasing One Park Place’s sustainable practices.
American Landmark Properties contracted with Leonardo Academy in June of 2009 to perform a LEED Assessment to explore what would be needed to meet the LEED-EB requirements at varying certification levels. After much consideration, it was determined the building would strive for LEED Silver certification with Leonardo Academy providing consulting services. The LEED-EB implementation effort began in September 2009. The project had a 24-month performance period that lasted from March 1, 2009 to February 22, 2011. The building was awarded LEED-EB: O&M 2008 Silver Certification on June 22, 2011.
Key Project Information
Project Title: One Park Place
Project Location: Syracuse, NY
Building Type: Office
Building Building Size: 300,000 Sq. Ft.
Initial Implementation Cost (Hard and Soft): $100,000
LEED Status: LEED for Existing Buildings— Silver 2011
The project earned an Innovation in Operations point for the existing Employee Wellness program, which includes a fitness room and fitness classes, smoking cessation classes, an annual health fair, periodic blood drives, and an onsite Weight Watchers program.
- Energy Star rating of 84, making them eligible for the ENERGY STAR Label.
- Tracked, recorded and reported greenhouse gas emissions generated by the project building and associated grounds through Leonardo Academy’s Cleaner and Greener® Program.
- Implemented a green cleaning program in the building, resulting in an 81% compliant purchasing rate for cleaning products.
- Diverted 71% of the building’s waste stream through a revised waste reduction and recycling program.
- Earned all five points under WEc3: Water Efficient Landscaping for discontinuing the use of the irrigation system.
- Installed flush valve diaphragms and aerators for a 37% reduction in water use, earning all five points and an exemplary performance point for WEc2: Additional Indoor Plumbing Fixture and Fitting Efficiency.
- Entered into a five-year contract with Leonardo Academy to support the restoration of one acre of the Valley Ridge Preserve in Richland County, Wisconsin to a more natural state, earning SSc5: Protect and Restore Open Habitat and an exemplary performance point.
Case Study PDF >>