Green Jobs at Leonardo Academy
LEED Certification Reviewers
Leonardo Academy is currently seeking one or more LEED Certification Reviewers. Leonardo Academy is a sub contractor of the Green Building Certification Institute's (GBCI) providing LEED certification reviews for the GBCI of LEED certification applications.
Leonardo Academy is seeking candidates with significant experience with conducting LEED certification reviews. Review experience may include: LEED-EB reviews, LEED-NC reviews or with a combination of both types of reviews.
Location: This work may be performed at Leonardo Academys offices n Madison, WI or remotely.
Time: Full time and part time candidates will be considered
- Conduct LEED applications reviews:
- Review project applications for compliance with LEED requirements
- Provide comments and technical guidance
- Complete appropriate review forms
- Work collaboratively with other members of the LEED application review team
- Perform quality control (QC) review of work done by other Leonardo Academy LEED Certification Reviewers
- Leonardo Academy has a flat agile organizational structure and our staff has the opportunity to work on projects touching many aspects of sustainability in addition to working in their primary areas of responsibility.
- Leonardo Academy is seeking candidates with significant experience in conducting and performing QC of LEED certification reviews.
- Review experience may include: LEED-EB reviews, LEED-NC reviews or both.
Education & Training
- Bachelors degree or Masters degree in one of the following:
- Architecture, (architecture landscape, interior design), Engineering (mechanical, civil, structural), Planning (urban/transportation/environmental planning, urban design), Building Operations (facility management, property management), Environmental Science (ecology, biology, environmental management)
- LEED AP
- LEED Certification Reviewer Training
- Preferred additional Qualifications
- LEED-AP with specialty: BD+C, ID+C, O&M or ND
- LEED Certification Reviewer certificate
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- Passion and commitment to the Leonardo Academy mission of advancing sustainability
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Experience serving in technical consultative role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing
- Excellent ability to clearly explain advanced technical issues in manner that is easily understood
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Ability to work well both independently and on teams
- Willingness to self-initiate
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite and LEED Online
- Additional language fluency a plus
- Commensurate with experience and expertise
About Leonardo Academy
- Leonardo Academy is a charitable non-profit organization dedicate to advancing sustainability.
- Leonardo Academy develops new approaches and tools for sustainability and supports the implementation of sustainability in order to make sustainability very practical for everyone.
- Leonardo Academys geographic scope of work is national and international.
- Leonardo Academy played a major role in the development of LEED for Existing Buildings and the overall LEED rating system.
- Leonardo Academy is and ANSI accredited Standard Developer and is currently developing standards on Sustainable Agriculture and Life Cycle Assessment Declarations.
- Leonardo Academy provides a full range of LEED, emissions and organizational sustainability services.
If you have Questions:
- Please email the following to
- Cover letter describing your interest (Not to exceed one page)
- Detailed description of your LEED certification application certification review experience
- Three references with knowledge of your LEED certification applications review experience:
- Description of how you worked together
- Telephone number